Sunday, February 17, 2008
Between the devil and the deep blue sea
For cafe writing : Option Two
Give me seven things that make you sigh. You are not required to provide any explanations, but it’s more interesting for readers if you do.
1. I take a 'relieved' sigh when 'it's finally over'. Like may be if I have to stand an inquisitive neighbor's gossip updates or at the end of a difficult game or maybe when I just finished an appointment with my beautician. It gives me so much relief to sigh, it literally puts a full stop.
2. I take a 'slow' sigh when I am surrounded by breath taking scenery - deep blue sea, strong mountains and star lit night sky. May be as a sign of gratitude to be in their presence.
3. I sigh 'hopefully' when I encounter ignorance.
4. I sigh with 'lust' after a delicious bite of dark temptation pastry. Isn't that moment so so special!
5. I sigh with 'resolution' when I realize that my house needs a spring cleaning or the carpets need to be vacuumed.
6. I sigh with 'guilt' when I realize I have indulged too much in shopping and bought stuff that are practically useless.
7. Every time I turn the last page of a wonderful book, I sigh with a sense of accomplishment.