It was thought that the gods blew on creative people, who would then inhale the god's breath and have an idea. This is the premise of "inspiration": inhaling divine breath and ideas.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Break of day.....

Option Four:Fiction

Who will tell whether one happy moment of love or the joy of breathing or walking on a bright morning and smelling the fresh air, is not worth all the suffering and effort which life implies.
~Erich Fromm

Using the above quotation as your inspiration, write a flash-fic, scene, or short story involving a bright morning.


The aroma of morning coffee is quiet different from anything in the rest of the world, if you know what I am talking about. And as I sipped on my coffee with every sense of joy that can ever be, the voice of the morning show's radio jockey fell on my ears. He sounded like a young lad in early twenties, nice crisp voice and was endlessly speaking in the local language but with a heavy english accent. I took another sip of coffee and decided to give my un-didvided attention to him, there was something in his voice!

'For all those early risers, Good morning Bangalore. I love you guys! Today's theme as I have already spoken in detail; It's about the five best people in your life and why. Be it your father, your best friend, your girl friend or teacher, call up 98877...' I lost him for a while as my mind immediately turned inwards in search of those five people. this announcement was followed by two songs, one of them was my favorite and was successful in bringing my attention back.

I finished my morning coffee and dismissed the search of five best people. The task of preparing breakfast seemed more important than anything else for that moment! And I knew I would thinking about this 'Theme' for the whole day. It was always like this. After the second song finished the RJ was back and I began chopping onions. 'Good morning bangalore, I am back with you. We have young Shreya online, she is five years old and wants to share something with us.... 'Hello Shreya' Now, I stopped chopping onions and stared at the radio. Not that I knew who Shreya was but I really yearned to listen to the voice of this young girl, what better way to start the day!

'Hello Uncle.' The voice was beautiful. So pure and innocent, completely musical. She seemed scared at first, then slowly she spoke 'My first favorite is my mom. She is the best best person in the whole world. My second favorite is my dad. I love him a lot. My third favorite is my pet dog, 'Subbu'. He plays with me.....' And then there was silence for a minute. Then she reacted immediately 'After I grow old, I will have two more best people. But for now, it's only three!'. I laughed hilariously, that was the cutest talk I have heard on the radio till now..... It made my day!

2 comments:

  1. Good one! :)Children are the best creation of God!(Read somewhere in my then fav mag-Gokulam"

    -Pi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pi,

    I was a huge fan of Gokulam too as a kid...

    ReplyDelete