Today we ripped this meme off a blogger named Reymos at the blog My World is Getting Smaller Every Day. He states he got it from Carl Dorsey at Iron Cook: American. (and Carl stated it was written by Thomas Baker, thus today's title). But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Sunday Stealing: The Baker's Meme
1. If you could interview anyone on your blog (alive or dead) who would you chose and why?
Alive or dead or imaginary? Because a lot of my characters are imaginary... but there are many who are inspired from the living. Like the two lovers in the short story: A love story... Both of them are living and an integral part of my life. They taught me that love indeed was blissful. I would love to meet them again, for a rendezvous.
Among the imaginary ones: The protagonist of Chronicle of an immortal man, this was one of my earliest short stories as a blogger. My creativity was running an all time high at the time I wrote it... It was a little bit complicated but I still loved the whole idea of a man being immortal and following generations...
2. What do you feel is your strength as a blogger?
My persistence as a blogger... I began blogging in June, 2007 and I have been consistent in my efforts as a blogger ever since. I have experimented with different styles of writing. I can never give up on my blog... That's a lot of strength!
3. Can you share a little bit about yourself that you have not already mentioned on your blog?
I have shared very little about myself in my blog but there are shades of my character all over my blog...
4. If you were forced to change the name of your blog, what would you change it to? Why?
Change the name of my blog... I don't think I want to... AFFLATUS is a great name... And it means 'A bell ringer'...
5. What do you think is the most fulfilling part of being a blogger?
The fact that my thoughts have transformed into something more concrete: stories, essays.... than lying at some corner of my mind is very fulfilling. And when people read and comment it's really motivating. Thank you readers...
6. What would you do with your last day if you found you had only one more day to live?
Spend the whole day watching the sea... It's vast, it's peaceful and it's everlasting! What better way to say goodbye...
7. You’ve been doing medical research for decades and have finally found a cure. What was it that you found a cure for and why did you choose this particular ailment?
I want to find a cure for liars... I hate this group of people. Sometimes they are just silly but at times they can really be irritating.
8. What is your most guilty pleasure?
9. Answer only one. What is your favorite book, movie or TV show?
Favorite book: One hundred years of solitude. I feel it's a magical world and you tend to lose yourself in the little town of Mocando.
TV show: How I met your mother (Currently)
10. What do you think is the very best smell in the world? The one smell that can take you back to a time and place of a very vivid memory in your past?
The best smell in the world: Smells: I love the smell of Baby powders, it feels fresh and reminds me of happier moments. Holy Basil and Jasmine: both these have a 'divine' smell and gives a feeling of purity. I love the vanilla essential oil fragrance: Definitely a mood elevator!
psst: A secret: I love the smell of petrol.