It was thought that the gods blew on creative people, who would then inhale the god's breath and have an idea. This is the premise of "inspiration": inhaling divine breath and ideas.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Seven fears....

Fear is a strong emotion. Fyodor Dostovesky, writer and philosopher has truly defined the commonest of fears in the below words :
'Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most'.

Here are the seven things that scare me the most:

1. Fear of failures: Though it may sound like a weakness this 'quality' has transformed me in more than one ways.

2. Fear of darknesss: As a child this kind of fear was very dominant in me but I have now learnt to conquer it.

3. Fear of 'some' people: 'Some' belong to a group of people who have always been successful in scaring me. Not the loud and harsh ones but the ones who remain calm on the surface. These seemingly calm people bottle up their anger and one fine day with no prior notice there will be a volcano of emotions. The consequences are the same as in any natural calamity, mass destruction!

4. Fear of 'insects': I am terribly scared of all the insects. Bee, cockroach, dragon fly, beetle.... all of these winged creatures. I am scared that these things might creep into our ears when we are asleep. This is my worst kind of fear.

5. Fear of losing my luggage: This fear, i have developed from my past experiences of losing things easily. Shear carelessness!

6. Fear of sudden noises: Imagine when the room is totally silent and then there is a tunmble of falling vessels. My heart literally skips a beat at these situations.

7. Fear of 'nothingness': What if one fine day I will have nothing to do! No work, no identity. Sometimes this is what I desire for but again it's also one my dark fears: Uselessness.